Richie Incognito was handed a two-game suspension for an incident last fall.
Incognito recently agreed to a one-year deal with Raiders this offseason, long after the August incident, and the team was reportedly expecting the NFL to hand out a suspension.
General manager Mike Mayock "was aware of likely discipline for a pair of incidents last year before signing Incognito to a one-year deal and has said they’ll help him help himself," an NFL report said.
Incognito will miss the first two weeks of the season but be available for training camp and preseason games.
The NFL has suspended #Raiders G Richie Incognito two games for violating the personal conduct policy. GM Mike Mayock was aware of likely discipline for a pair of incidents last year before signing Incognito to a one-year deal and has said they’ll help him help himself.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 12, 2019
Incognito was arrested at a funeral home following the death of his father. He became enraged and caused a scene by "acting erratically and making the employees feel incredibly uncomfortable."
He reportedly made a gun gesture and said he had weapons in his vehicle.
Incognito retired after the 2017 season, then changed his mind. The Bills, however, released him in May 2018 and he didn't play last season.
When he announced his retirement, Incognito said he was suffering from liver and kidney failure brought about by stress.
Incognito was initially selected by the Rams in the third round of the 2005 draft and played with the Dolphins from 2010-13 in addition to his two stints in Buffalo.